New motor vehicle rules from October 1
1.Carrying vehicle license, registration certificate, insurance documents etc., will not be required from October if these documents are validated through government portal.
- The documents can be uploaded on Digi-locker or m-Parivahan. Both these apps are available in any playstore. One can register through their mobile number.
- Revoking driving license will also happen digitally.
- Records of license being disqualified etc., will be digitally stored.
- E-challans will be issued on the portal.
- Drivers can only use mobile phones for route navigation while driving.
These changes, to be effective from October 1, were brought in by the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019.